In a series of short videos, Michael Kunze offers a free workshop on the basic principles of drama musical creation.
Topics range from the evaluation of a story idea and the selection of its protagonists to the essential elements of the musical theater and its all-important dramatic turning points.
The workshop videos (right sidebar) are in German but the written synopsis is in English. Please access Dr. Kunze’s English-language workshop through the Master Class link in the top navigation bar.
(<--Click on the icon) In this English video, Michael talks about the importance of structure in a drama musical…
Workshops in this Series
- Musical Workshop Part 1 — The Story Idea
- Musical Workshop Part 2 — Ideas For A Musical
- Musical Workshop Part 3 — Conflict Potential
- Musical Workshop Part 4 — Musical Theater Elements
- Musical Workshop Part 5 — The Protagonist
- Musical Workshop Part 6 — The Protagonist’s Motivation